Katsu Chicken Curry
An absolute favourite, flattened chicken breasts coated in delicious panko breadcrumbs in a thick curry sauce, garnished with coriander.
10 chicken breasts, slightly flattened
500g panko breadcrumbs
250g seasoned flour
3 eggs, whisked
800g coconut milk
10g cornflour, mixed with a little water
200g vegetable oil
750g basmati rice
Coriander to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c.
2. Place the breadcrumbs, flour & eggs into separate dishes, then pane the chicken breasts.
3. Add the coconut milk & Street Food Chef South Indian Style Seasoning in a saucepan & bring to the boil. When boiling add the cornflour mix to thicken, turn down to simmer & leave for a couple of minutes to cook out.
4. Place the rice, Essential Cuisine Aromatic Base & water in a saucepan & bring to the boil. Place a lid on & boil for 5 minutes, after that remove from the heat & leave for 10 minutes to steam.
5. Heat the oil up in a frying pan, once hot fry off the breaded chicken in batches & finish off in the oven until cooked.
6. Divide the rice between the 10 large bowls, slice the chicken & put on. Top with the curry sauce & garnish with coriander. Serve.