South Indian Fish Curry
A simple, delicious & flavourful fish curry, lightly spiced with fresh, Indian flavours served with coriander rice.
4 whole chillies, medium heat
1 large whole white onion
4 garlic cloves
5 cardamom pods, crushed
250g smoked haddock fillet, de-skinned & boned
250g salmon fillet, de-skinned & boned
250g cod fillet, de-skinned & boned
2ltrs coconut milk
400g spinach, optional 20ml extra virgin olive oil
1. In a deep pan, pour in oil & bring to heat. Sweat off the chillies, onion, garlic & crushed cardamom pods.
3. Return paste to the deep pan & cook out for around 5 minutes stirring to make sure it doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pan.
4. Add passata & bring to a gentle simmer before adding the rest of the coconut milk.
5. Bring to boil & reduce on gentle simmer.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan & simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Finish with freshly chopped coriander & serve with coriander rice.