Taco De Carnitas
Tender and juicy pork collar, garnished with pork crackling and salsa of your choice.
4 hrs 20 mins
1.5kg pork collar, cut into large dice
30g dark brown sugar
2 oranges, 1 juiced and 1 sliced
1 cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
300g onion, cut into wedges
20 corn tortillas
Pork crackling, finely chopped for garnish
1. Preheat an oven to 140°c.
2. Mix the Street Food Chef Dark Mexican Seasoning and the sugar. Rub into the diced pork. Place the pork in a suitably sized oven dish that is a snug fit. Add the orange, garlic, onion, cinnamon stick and bay leaf, pushing into and around the meat. Place the sliced orange on the top of the pork with the lard, cover and cook for 4 hours until meat is very tender.
3. Remove the orange slices, cinnamon stick and bay leaves. Strain the fatty cooking juices into a bowl & leave to cool. Pull the pork apart into small chunks. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
4. Take the meat and pour a little of the cooking stock over it. Place in the oven for 10 minutes, then stir and place in for another 10 minutes until starting to crisp up.
5. Warm up the corn tortillas, place some pork in each one, garnish with the crackling and salsa of your choice.