Tacos Al Pastor
A Mexican icon loaded with a sweet and smoky filling and the spice of adobo sauce.
3 hrs 30 mins
1.5kg pork collar, sliced and flattened out
1 pineapple, peeled, quartered and core removed
20 corn tortillas
35g garlic, finely chopped
2g Mexican oregano
1g dried thyme
170ml red wine vinegar
170ml orange juice
170ml lime juice
60ml olive oil
15g fresh coriander, chopped
1. Preheat an oven to 200°c.
2. Place all the ingredients for the adobo sauce into a blender, blitz until you’ve got a smooth paste.
3. Get a suitable square oven dish. Dip the sliced pork in the adobo sauce and start layering pork, then bacon until all meat is used up. Wrap in clingfilm and place in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours.
4. Remove the clingfilm and roast the meat for 3 hours. Once cooked. Leave to cool, then place in the fridge for it to set.
5. When it's time to serve, place the pineapple on a baking tray & place in the oven for 20 minutes. Take the meat out of the fridge and slice thinly.
6. Heat up a frying pan until hot add the sliced meat and fry until crispy. Thinly slice the pineapple when it comes out the oven.
7. Warm up the corn tortillas, top with the fried meat, pineapple, salsa of choice and serve.