Tacos De Cochinita Pibil
A regional delicacy, succulent pork shoulder mixed with a sweet and citrus marinade.
5g dried oregano
0.5g ground cloves
1g ground cinnamon
49g garlic – peeled
250ml orange juice
80ml lime juice
75g red onion – 1/2 for blender, remainder sliced
2 bay leaves
1.5kg pork shoulder – cut into 4-inch pieces & skin off
20 corn tortillas
Pickled red onions
300g red onions
45g chilies – sliced
125ml lime juice
170ml orange juice
1. Preheat the oven to 160°c.
2. In a blender add the garlic, orange and lime juice, 1/2 the red onion, oregano, Street Food Chef Dark Mexican Seasoning, cloves and cinnamon. Blend until puréed.
3. In a large container, add the meat and pour over the marinade. Massage, place the bay leaves and remaining red onions, leave for 8 hours to marinate in the fridge.
4. Remove the meat from the container and place in an oven dish with a lid. Bake for 3 hours or until the meat is tender. Shred the meat when cooked.
5. While the meat is cooking, prepare the onions for pickling.
6. Place all the ingredients in a container with a lid, leaving until needed.